Monday, June 28, 2010
I have finally made the bed head for our main bedroom and am very pleased with the result. We had a piece of timber in the garage which was the perfect size so I didn't need to purchase anything. I was contemplating what type of padding I would use and decided that getting a piece of foam cut to size from Clark Rubber was the way to go. I just didn't expect the cost to be high, so instead I chose a single bed size foam overlay which I only needed to cut down to size a fraction. I used spray adhesive to attach the foam to the timber, covered with fabric I had purchased from Spotlight, and used a staple gun to attach the fabric to the rear of the timber. Holes had been predrilled into the timber and screws placed into the wall so I could attach the bedhead directly to the wall.