Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Delicious Muesli Bars, YUM YUM!

It has taken me a while, but I finally have a pic of one of my children in one of the aprons I made for them. My youngest son and I were hard at work this morning in the kitchen making some muesli bars. They are the yummiest muesli bars I have made so far, thanks to a recipe from the kinder recipe book. I did omit a couple of ingredients from it though but it still worked out well. Crunchy if eaten straight out of the fridge or chewy if left to sit for a bit first. Delicious!





Both of the aprons were a cotton pirate print. This is the other one that I made for my eldest son.



The cook book and the yummy muesli bars.



Muesli Bars
1 cup oats
1 cup rice bubbles
4 wheetbix
1 cup sultanas
1/2 cup honey
3/4 cup brown sugar
125g butter
White cooking chocolate

1. Mix, oats, rice bubbles, wheetbix & sultanas in a large mixing bowl.
2. In a saucepan, melt honey, sugar & butter together on low heat, stirring continuously. Cook on low heat for a further 5mins, continue stirring.
3. Pour liquid into dry ingredients and mix together until combined well.
4. Line a slice tin with non stick baking paper, spread mixture evenly into tin and compact down well until smooth and flat on top. Pop in fridge to cool slightly.
5. Melt some white cooking chocolate and either drizzle or spread thinly over the top. Refrigerate until chocolate is set.
6. Cut into rectangles and serve. Also great for the school lunch box.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment